This course provides participants with an understanding of forklift operation, maintenance and load handling. It will also cover relevant legislative requirements applicable to the workplace as well as manufactures specifications and recommendations.
This course covers all aspects of Forklift Safety, from Pre-Operation Inspection to Stability. This course has been designed to meet and exceed Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines. By doing both theory and practical on-site training the employer is doing their “Due Diligence” in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
The morning portion is in a class room setting covering the theory portion followed by an afternoon portion containing the hands-on practical training.
Classroom theory, a written test and practical hands on experience with equipment. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations, along with workbooks and handouts as well as a hands-on inspection and operation.
- 8 Hour duration
- General and specific legislation applicable to the workplace
- Types of lift trucks such as narrow aisle, rough terrain, gas/propane/battery operated forklifts
- Lift truck components: operating controls and their functions
- Machine stability: center of gravity, lifting a load
- Data plates and warning decals, calculating a safe load
- Overhead guards, safety equipment and warning devices
- Load handling, traveling, operating in confined areas, equipment pre-use inspection, parking and shut down procedures
- Handling fuels, batteries and emergencies, refueling, correct battery charging procedures, changing LPG tanks