This course is designed for the worker (end user) in the industrial, commercial or residential sector who work at heights.
Participants will be provided with information regarding their legislated responsibility to know and understand what equipment is available to them and to know how to use various types of fall protection systems to prevent serious injury. The course covers equipment inspection and fall calculations.
Classroom theory, written test, practical hands on experience with fall protection equipment. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations, along with workbooks and supplementary handouts as well as an in-class hands on inspection and a suspension demonstration.
- 8 Hour duration
- Fall accident statistics
- Dynamics associated with a fall
- Regulations that apply to fall protection
- Components used in a travel restraint and/or fall arrest system
- Anchors, connectors, lanyards and self-retracting lifelines
- Vertical lifelines, fall arresters and full-body harnesses
- Fall clearances and fall calculations
- Control zones, work positioning, descent control devices, aerial lifts, ladders, scaffolding
- Equipment specifications, limitations, proper care and inspection
- Fall rescue planning