This course covers all aspects of Forklift Safety, from Pre-Operation Inspection to Stability. This course has been designed to meet and exceed Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines. By doing both theory and practical on-site training the employer is doing their “Due Diligence” in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
The morning portion is in a class room setting covering the theory portion followed by an afternoon portion containing the hands-on practical training.
Classroom theory, a written test and practical hands on experience with equipment. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations, along with workbooks and handouts as well as a hands-on inspection and operation.
- 8 Hour duration
- General and specific legislation applicable to the workplace
- Types of lift trucks such as narrow aisle, rough terrain, gas/propane/battery operated forklifts
- Lift truck components: operating controls and their functions
- Machine stability: center of gravity, lifting a load
- Data plates and warning decals, calculating a safe load
- Overhead guards, safety equipment and warning devices
- Load handling, traveling, operating in confined areas, equipment pre-use inspection, parking and shut down procedures
- Handling fuels, batteries and emergencies, refueling, correct battery charging procedures, changing LPG tanks