This course will give operators a solid foundation in Health & Safety Standards, Preventative Maintenance, Proper Procedures for Safe Operation of straight telescoping, articulating, and scissor lift aerial platforms.
Classroom theory, a written test and practical hands on aerial work platform experience. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations, workbooks and handouts as well as hands on use of the equipment.
- 8 hour duration
- Aerial lift Fundamentals, regulations and legislation
- Hazard assessment and Identification
- Manual & Powered Aerial lifts
- Machine Stability & Characteristics
- Preventative Maintenance & Procedures
- Machine Orientation & Safe Operation
- Start Up & Shut Down Procedures
- Operation, steering and range of motion
- Emergency Controls