This course gives participants a basic knowledge of the principles related to safe hoisting and rigging practices on equipment used in the construction, manufacturing, agriculture and transportation industry.
This course provides participants with a basic knowledge of crane & rigging operation, equipment inspection and maintenance and safety techniques as well as sling and rigging inspections and techniques. It will also cover relevant federal and provincial legislative requirements applicable to the workplace. This course does not cover all equipment, be sure to contact us for more details.
Classroom theory, a written test and practical hands on experience with equipment. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations, along with workbooks and handouts as well as a hands-on inspection, rigging techniques and safe operation.
- 4 to 8 hour duration depending on course
- Understanding safety regulations, federal, provincial and company
- Employer, management, supervisor, worker and co-worker responsibilities
- Types of cranes, Truck mounted straight and articulating boom, hoist and overhead bridge crane
- Components and functions
- Hazard assessments, pre-operating inspection, soil stability and leveling
- Inspection and maintenance,
- Working load limits, load calculations
- Operating safely, hydraulic safety, work zone safety and setting up
- Operating procedures, tag line use, shock loading, handling effects and hand signals
- Slings and riggings, rigging methods and sling angles